Areas of practice
Ariane Villemaire practices in the Labour and Employment Law group. She joined Lavery in 2015 as a student and articled in January 2017. She obtained a bachelor’s degree in civil law from the Université de Montréal in 2015, where she graduated with honours, and completed a Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management at McGill University in 2016.
While at university, Ariane interned at the Tribunal administratif du travail (labour relations board) under the supervision of Commissioner Pierre Flageole.
Ariane was the 2015 recipient of the Bourse Trudel-Nadeau in labour law in recognition of her academic excellence, community engagement and interest in labour law. She was also awarded the Prix de la Justice participative (participatory justice award) by the Barreau du Québec for excellence in alternative dispute resolution (2014).
Professional and community activities
- Volunteer, YMCA Montréal Legal Information Clinic, fall 2016
- Reception agent, YWCA Montréal Centre Multi, fall 2016
- Chief mentor, Mentoring Service of the Université de Montréal Faculty of Law, 2014-2015
- Secretary, Femmes et Droit Committee, Université de Montréal Faculty of Law, 2013-2015
- Mentor, Mentoring Service of the Université de Montréal Faculty of Law, 2013-2014
- Volunteer, Breakfast Clubs of Québec, 2012-2013
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management, McGill University, 2016
- Professional training, École du Barreau du Québec, 2015
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2015
Publications by Ariane Villemaire
- Ariane Villemaire and Céleste Brouillard-Ross