Nadia Hanine is a lawyer and member of the Business Law group. She has participated and played a significant role in numerous share and asset purchase and sale transactions involving companies of various sizes.
She represents entrepreneurs and investors as part of the acquisition of interests in private issuers. She also advises entrepreneurs and start-ups on various legal issues relating to their businesses.
She drafts and negotiates commercial agreements of all kinds, including share purchase agreements, subscription agreements, shareholders’ agreements, partnership agreements, confidentiality undertakings, service contracts and private company stock option plans.
In addition to her law practice, Nadia devotes her time to help organize fundraisers for the Clinique d’investigation neuro-cardiaque (CINC) at CHU Sainte-Justine, a cause that is dear to her.
- Acted as legal counsel to Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) on the acquisition of a 20% minority interest in Solutions Beyond Technologies, a leader in the integration of SAP solutions in Canada
- Acted as legal counsel to EBI Group, a leader in renewable energy production, as part of a $70 million investment by the Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (F.T.Q.), a development capital investment fund
- Acted as legal counsel to a global leader in container transport in connection with various acquisition transactions
- Acted as legal counsel to sellers in connection with the acquisition of Krome Services Inc. by Beaver Holdings Group Inc.
- Acted as legal counsel to a Canadian gold exploration company in connection with the negotiation of a share purchase agreement relating to the acquisition of a Québec cannabis production company
- Acted as legal counsel to a major Québec consulting and accounting firm in connection with the acquisition of various accounting businesses
- Acted as legal counsel to an international supplier of clean energy solutions in connection with the acquisition of a major distributor and supplier of oil-free air compressor, air dryer and filtration system services
- Acted as legal counsel to a global Internet of Things (IoT) technology provider as part of the acquisition of a global consulting and professional services firm providing manufacturing efficiency services
- Acted as legal counsel to a Canadian distributor of veterinary products in connection with the execution of various commercial agreements
- Drafted and negotiated letters of intent and final agreements for the acquisition or sale of shares or assets
- Provided advice to private company shareholders as part of the conclusion of a shareholders’ agreement
- Acted as legal counsel to a purchaser as part of the buyback of a joint shareholder’s shares
- Drafted commercial agreement templates adapted to a company’s needs (general purchase or sale terms and conditions, distribution contracts, service contracts, etc.) and intended for use in the course of its operations
- Mes Louis Charrette, Jonathan Lacoste-Jobin, Luc Thibaudeau (partners), Nadia Hanine and Marie-Catherine Ducharme (students-at-law), Droit de la consommation et de la concurrence, Fascicules 2 & 3, JurisClasseur Québec, Montréal, LexisNexis, 2014
- J.D., Université de Montréal, 2016
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal, 2014
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Chambre de Commerce et d'industrie de Saint-Laurent et du Mont-Royal
- Association of the Young Bar of Montreal
- Volunteer at the Neurocardiology Investigation Clinic (CINC) of the CHU Sainte-Justine.