Florence Forest is a litigation lawyer practicing in the areas of civil and professional liability as well as insurance law. Accordingly, she defends the interests of various types of professionals who are alleged to have committed an error in performing their functions in addition to representing insurance companies in connection with litigation matters involving them.
Florence earned her Civil Law license at the University of Ottawa. After graduating, she founded the Bourse pour l’implication et la réussite, which rewards the qualities of leadership demonstrated by a student in the law program, civil law section. Further, Florence’s outstanding academic achievements were highlighted in 2013, wherein she obtained her license and made the Dean’s Honor List.
She articled in a litigation firm in Québec City, where she focused her practice in the areas of insurance as well as civil and professional liability. She then went on to work as a professional liability lawyer for a boutique law firm in Montréal.
Continuing her community involvement, Florence is a member of the circle of young leaders dedicated to promoting the Théâtre du Nouveau Monde and making performing arts more accessible to all. A graduate of the second cohort of the Défi 100 jours – Effet A (100 Days Challenge) professional development program, Florence proudly supports the cause of a growing number of ambitious women in every corporate sector, specifically business and law.
Professional activities and community involvement
- Jeune Première of the Théâtre du Nouveau-Monde
- Member of l’Association des femmes d’assurances de Montréal (AFAM) et Québec (AFAQ)
- Participant in the Défi 100 jours – Public and political life of Effet A professional development program
- Dean’s Honor List of the Faculty of Law, Civil Law section of the University of Ottawa, 2013
- Founder and member of the selection committee, Bourse pour l’implication et la réussite, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, Civil Law section
- Master of Law and Health Policies, Université de Sherbrooke (not completed)
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
- Civil Law License (LL.L), University of Ottawa, 2013