Eve-Lyne Morin is a member of the firm's Litigation Group. She practises primarily in the areas of insurance law, corporate directors' and officers' liability, complex commercial litigation, and extraordinary remedies such as safeguard orders, injunctions and seizures. Ms. Morin regularly assists and advises health care institutions on complaints, medical matters, access to information and privacy, and contract drafting and negotiation.
Before joining Lavery, Ms. Morin worked in the Montreal offices of a major international business law firm where she was involved in a broad range of files in various fields, including product liability, construction law and consumer protection law. She also advised Canadian and multinational corporations on privacy law issues and the protection of personal information, language requirements and other legal requirements for doing business in Québec.
- Representing a major Canadian company in a litigation involving the provision of materials for the construction of a new hospital complex;
- Representation of a Quebec daily newspaper in the context of injunctive proceedings brought in connection with the violation of non-competition and non-solicitation clauses
- Advising and representing an automotive parts manufacturer in the context of a commercial arbitration in connection with the violation of representations and warranties following a sale of assets;
- Writing, revision and negotiation of various service and supply contracts and tender documents;
- Advice and representation ahead of the courts on access to documents of public bodies and the protection of personal information.
Professional and community activities
- While attending law school, Ms. Morin volunteered as a legal researcher for an organization providing legal support for disabled persons.
- She also has been involved in the Legal Information Clinic at Université de Montréal offering free legal information to the community.
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2014
- BA (International Studies), Université de Montréal, 2012
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Advocates’ Society
- Member of the Young Bar Association of Montréal
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association