Etienne C. Laplante is an articling student with the firm’s Tax Law Group. He completed his Bachelor of Civil Law in 2019 at the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), and was on the faculty’s honour roll the same year.
He has a strong interest in the consumption taxes and corporate reorganizations and works on various aspects of the taxation of businesses and individuals, both in tax planning files and matters involving the settlement of disputes with the tax authorities.
Etienne also has a passion for tax policy issues and was stimulated by the research work he participated in during his studies. This led him, in 2018 and 2019, to give a seminar for the Master’s program at the Université du Québec à Montréal on the system of refundable tax credits in Quebec.
- “Le régime québécois des crédits d’impôt remboursables : impacts chez les personnes à faibles revenus”, on the invitation of professor Marie-Thérèse Dugas (2019) and professor Lucie Lamarche (2018) for the course JUR7240 - Régimes de protection du revenu et solidarités sociales, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2018, 2019
- “A Brief Introduction to the History of Quebec”, on the invitation of Helena Fedotkina, director of the department of foreign languages, Russian University of Transport, Moscow, 2014
- Honour Roll of the Faculty of Law (UQAM), 2019
- Pierre-Basile-Mignault moot court competition: Bâtonnier Cup for the best team (oral arguments and factums); A.P.D.Q. Cup for best factum; SOQUIJ Cup for second best factum, 2019
- LL.B., Université du Québec à Montréal (Faculty Honour Roll), 2019
- Professional education courses, École du Barreau
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Member of the Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF)