Manar Choukair joined Lavery as a student in 2021 and will be articling at the firm in 2023. She is currently pursuing her law degree at the University of Montreal.
During her studies, Manar worked as a coordinator for the Racial Profiling Committee at the Legal Clinic of Saint-Michel. Passionate about law, she was also a volunteer at the Legal Information Clinic of Concordia, where she focused mainly on mandates in immigration law.
Within her faculty, Manar is President for the Refugee Law Committee as well as Vice President of Events for the Level Justice Committee - a committee associated with a pan-Canadian organization focused on access to justice.
Professionnal and community activities
- Legal Clinic of Saint-Michel, 2021, coordinator
- Legal Information Clinic of Concordia, 2020, student volunteer
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, expected to graduate in 2022
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Refugee Law Commitee, 2020-2021, President
- Level justice Commitee, 2020-2021, Vice President of Events