Chanel CalabroChanel is a member of the Business Law group. She works primarily in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law."Lavery is at the centre of developing companies in Quebec. It is for me an excellent opportunity to work with inspiring professionals in a work environment that encourages development and initiative. I am very enthusiastic about working in a practice that offers me the opportunity to use my past experiences to provide added value to our clients." Simon Gagné-CarrierSimon is joining our Labour and Employment Law group. He also practices in Municipal Law. He joined the Lavery team as a student in 2022. He completed his bachelor's degree in civil law and a master's degree in business administration at the Université de Sherbrooke. "The team of professionals who make up the firm and who have guided me are committed to strong and important values such as mentoring, professional development and collaboration between peers. It is an ideal environment for a young lawyer." Ghiles HelliGhiles is joining our Business Law Group. He is a member of our mergers and acquisitions team. He assists our partners in advising clients on the legal impacts of the implementation of new technologies and on cybersecurity. "I chose to do my internship at Lavery because of their expertise in technology law and in mergers and acquisitions law, my two legal passions. It is also a great opportunity for me to pursue my professional development with mentoring that is second to none." Kabrina PéronKabrina is joining our Labor and Employment Law group. She joined the Lavery team as a student in the winter of 2021. "Throughout my experience at Lavery, I have had the opportunity to collaborate with passionate and highly experienced professionals on various cases, who were especially committed to ensuring my professional development. It is ideal guidance at the beginning of my career." Daphné Pomerleau-NormandinDaphné is a member of the Litigation and Conflict Resolution group and focuses her practice on commercial and civil litigation. "Joining Lavery involves being part of an environment that is an ideal combination of autonomy and team spirit." Jean-Vincent Prévost-BérubéJean-Vincent is joining our Business Law Group and practises mainly in transactional and commercial law. He has joined the Lavery team for his articling term in the winter of 2022. "Team collaboration and unity are definitely the firm’s strengths. For me, Lavery was the choice of a firm, but above all of a team. I appreciate being able to collaborate on challenging cases as well as the trust and confidence that we are quickly given in the management of these cases."
- Québec, 2022
Chanel Calabro is a member of the Business Law group. She works primarily in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate law.
In her practice, Chanel has represented and advised private companies, banks and financial institutions on the establishment of credit facilities and the taking of security for debt or equity financing, project financing, equipment financing through leasing, and acquisition financing.
Chanel holds a Bachelor of Civil Law and a Master in Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Ottawa.
Prior to her legal training, Chanel studied commerce, having completed a bilingual double bachelor's degree at HEC Montreal in International Business and Marketing. Among other things, she studied a semester in Finland at a university specializing in International Business (Aalto School of Business, Mikkeli). She worked for over 6 years as communications director for a predominant lighting agency in Montreal, Quebec. This experience allowed her to immerse herself in real business issues and to understand the particular concerns of business managers. During these years of corporate experience, she had the opportunity to develop and negotiate multiple partnerships and business contracts with suppliers from around the world.
Professional and community activities
- Team captain of the 48h bike ride Make a Wish, raising over $ 75,000, since 2015
- Team captain, 24h of Tremblant, raising donations for the well-being of children, 2018
- Volunteer for Mission Bon Accueil and Moisson Montreal, 2016 and 2017
- Active in the 5-day roaming campaign, 2014
- Volunteer CO (organizing committee) of the Jeux du Commerce, 2014
- Participation in the HEC charity work for Christmas for underprivileged children, 2014
- Business creativity conferences (C2MTL, Infopresse, open house start-up, Kick-Off Motivation conference by La Zone Vente, etc.)
- Several Master-Classes in the design and architecture industry
- Summa cum laude (first-class honours, the highest distinction), Licentiate in Civil Law, University of Ottawa
- Dean's Prize (best overall average of the Law Certificate) University of Montréal, 2018-2019.
- Dean's Honour List, Academic Excellence, 2019-2020, University of Ottawa.
- MBA Admission Scholarship, promoting excellence in students demonstrating exceptional potential based on academic history, professional experience and motivation.
- MBA, University of Ottawa, 2021
- Bachelor of Civil Law, University of Ottawa, 2021
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) HEC Montréal, 2015
- International student exchange in Finland at Aalto University, School of Business, 2013
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- University of Ottawa’s Business Law Association, 2020-2021, President
- University of Ottawa’s Business Law Association, 2019-2020, First Year Students’ Representative
- HEC Montreal’s Sport and leisure committee, 2012-2013, Vice-president
- HEC Montréal, 2011-2012, Class president