Chanel Calabro joined the Lavery team as a law student in 2021 and will do her internship at the firm in 2022. She is currently completing her law degree as well as a master's degree in business administration (MBA) at the University of Ottawa.
Prior to her legal training, Chanel studied commerce, having completed a bilingual double bachelor's degree at HEC Montreal in International Business and Marketing. Among other things, she studied a semester in Finland at a university specializing in International Business (Aalto School of Business, Mikkeli). She worked for over 6 years as communications director for a predominant lighting agency in Montreal, Quebec. This experience allowed her to immerse herself in real business issues and to understand the particular concerns of business managers. During these years of corporate experience, she had the opportunity to develop and negotiate multiple partnerships and business contracts with suppliers from around the world.
Committed and dynamic by nature, she is involved in various sporting, cultural and fundraising activities. Most recently, she was the team captain of the 48h bike ride, Make a Wish Quebec, raising more than $ 75,000 since 2015 with her team, for sick children.
Her studies, professional experiences, interpersonal skills and passion for the business world will allow her to contribute to the excellence of the services offered by Lavery.
Professional and community activities
- Team captain of the 48h bike ride Make a Wish, raising over $ 75,000, since 2015
- Team captain, 24h of Tremblant, raising donations for the well-being of children, 2018
- Volunteer for Mission Bon Accueil and Moisson Montreal, 2016 and 2017
- Active in the 5-day roaming campaign, 2014
- Volunteer CO (organizing committee) of the Jeux du Commerce, 2014
- Participation in the HEC charity work for Christmas for underprivileged children, 2014
- Business creativity conferences (C2MTL, Infopresse, open house start-up, Kick-Off Motivation conference by La Zone Vente, etc.)
- Several Master-Classes in the design and architecture industry
- Excel certification, Outlook training, Photoshop training
- Dean's Prize (best overall average of the Law Certificate) University of Montréal, 2018-2019.
- Dean's Honour List, Academic Excellence, 2019-2020, University of Ottawa.
- MBA Admission Scholarship, promoting excellence in students demonstrating exceptional potential based on academic history, professional experience and motivation.
- MBA, University of Ottawa, expected completion in 2021
- Bachelor of Civil Law, University of Ottawa, expected completion in 2021
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) HEC Montréal, 2015
- International student exchange in Finland at Aalto University, School of Business, 2013
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- University of Ottawa’s Business Law Association, 2020-2021, President
- University of Ottawa’s Business Law Association, 2019-2020, First Year Students’ Representative
- HEC Montreal’s Sport and leisure committee, 2012-2013, Vice-president
- HEC Montréal, 2011-2012, Class president