Lavery is pleased to announce the arrival of two new associates who will bring their wide-ranging expertise to the firm. Marie-Diane Ngom Marie-Diane Ngom joins our Labour and Employment as well as our Litigation and Dispute Resolution groups. Marie-Diane began her career practising mainly in insurance law and civil and commercial litigation. During her studies, Marie-Diane was very socially involved and was awarded a leadership and sustainable development scholarship two years in a row. “I consider Lavery to be a big family where you feel at home and where you can grow both professionally and personally. What convinced me was the professional quality of the lawyers, the firm’s values, and the human approach.” – Marie-Diane Ngom Vivianne Pierre-Sigouin Vivianne Pierre-Sigouin joins our Health Law Group. Vivianne has completed several mandates representing syndics and professionals before the disciplinary and appeal bodies of various professional orders and other regulatory organizations. Previously, Vivianne also acted as legal counsel and as an investigator, mainly in the financial field. “What convinced me to join Lavery was the possibility of pursuing my practice in professional liability and disciplinary law, in a field that has always especially attracted me, which is health care. Not only that, but the fact that I can offer clients a full range of services in a multitude of areas of law is also one of the factors that convinced me to join Lavery.” - Vivianne Pierre-Sigouin
Marie Diane Ngom Lawyer
Marie Diane Ngom is a member of the Labour and Employment Law as well as Litigation and Dispute Resolution groups. Before joining Lavery, she completed her articling and began her career at a large regional firm where she primarily practised insurance law and civil and commercial litigation.
Marie Diane holds a master’s degree in business law from Cameroon, and is pursuing doctoral studies at Laval University. Ms Ngom is a rigorous lawyer who stands out for her excellence in legal analysis and her human approach. During her studies, Marie Diane was very involved with her peers and the university community. She has served on the boards of Desjardins and St-Vincent de Paul Society, and has volunteered for the Legal Information Office. These commitments have earned her a two-year consecutive Leadership and Sustainability Scholarship.
- Co-author, “Commentaire sur l'arrêt Golzarian c. Association des policières et policiers provinciaux du Québec – Sanction de l'abus de procédure : un rappel de l'équilibre entre le droit d'être entendu et le droit à la paix judiciaire, Repères, Éditions Yvon Blais, February 2022 EYB2022REP3405
- Co-author, “Commentaire de la décision Ville de Longueuil c. Théodore – La diffamation : une limite à la liberté d'expression,” Repères, Éditions Yvon Blais, July 2020, EYB2020REP3112
- Contributor – Maurice Tancelin and Daniel Gardner with the collaboration of Frédéric Levesque, Jurisprudence commentée sur les obligations, 12th edition, Montréal, Wilson & Lafleur, 2017
- “Commentaire de la décision Dion c. Charette – De la présomption de responsabilité du fait de l’animal (art. 1466 C.c.Q.),” Commentaires des décisions de justice, Repères, Éditions Yvon Blais, 2017
- "L’intervention d’un avocat auprès de son témoin en cours d’interrogatoire", November 2019
- "Les bénéfices de l’implication durant un séjour d’études à l’étranger", September 2016
- Leadership and Sustainable Development Award in the field of Social/Humanitarian Leadership, 2018-2019
- Prix d'excellence du Bureau d'information Juridique of the Université Laval, awarded to the best volunteer team that has distinguished itself by the quality of its research and its involvement.
- Leadership and Sustainable Development Award in the field of Social/Humanitarian Leadership, 2017-2018
- Winner of the Thomson Reuters editorial competition (Yvon Blais Editions)
- LL.B., Université Laval, 2018
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- President of the Board of Directors of the Centre de la petite enfance et Bureau coordonnateur “Chez-moi chez-toi”, since 2023
- Administrator, International Festival DANSEncore, since 2022
- Administrator, Caisse Desjardins of the Université Laval, 2016-2019
- Administrator, Société St-Vincent de Paul (SSVP), Lecture Marie Guyart, 2014-2018
- Member of the Commission des affaires étudiantes of the Université Laval, 2014-2016