Catherine Cloutier is a lawyer in our Litigation and Conflict Resolution group. Her practice focuses on insurance litigation, and more specifically on construction and civil liability law.
Catherine has gained extensive experience in law, having worked as a student in Legal Affairs at the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, at CDPQ Infra (Réseau Express Métropolitain project), in commercial property at a law firm in England and as a court clerk in commercial arbitration.
Before going into law, Catherine studied nutrition, acquiring skills to simplify complex legal concepts and developing a personalized approach to each client, as well as an unwavering work ethic. In addition to her law practice, Catherine is a nutritionist-dietitian and a member of the Board of Directors of the Ordre professionnel des diététistes du Québec.
- Juris Doctor, North American Common Law, Université de Montréal, 2017
- LL.B, Université de Montréal, 2016
- Graduate Microprogram in Nutrition, Université de Montréal, 2014
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Faculty of Medicine, Université de Montréal, 2013
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Young Bar of Montreal
- Canadian Bar Association – Ontario and Quebec Divisions; member of the CBA Well-Being Subcommittee (2021–2022)
- Association des femmes d’assurance de Montréal
- Lord Reading Law Society
- Dietitians of Canada
- Ordre des diététistes-nutritionnistes du Québec: Member of the Board of Directors since 2021 - three-year term, Administrator and member of the ODNQ Governance and Ethics Committee
- Vaccinator – COVID-19 vaccination campaign of the Government of Quebec, 2021
- Action group on private insurance coverage for dietitian services: President, 2020
- Comité Droit de la Santé, Université de Montréal:Vice-Chair, 2016–2017
- Canada Research Chair in Collaborative Culture in Health and Law Policy, Université de Montréal, 2016–2018
- Team Canada – London Olympic Games (UK), Canadian Olympic Committee: Volunteer Assistant Nutritionist, 2012
- Canada House – Beijing 2008 Olympic Games