Lavery strengthens its Litigation and Dispute Resolution group with the arrival of two new lawyers Ms. Catherine Cloutier and Ms. Eve-Lyne Morin are joining the firm’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution group. Catherine Cloutier’s practice will focus on insurance litigation, and in particular on construction law and civil liability cases. Prior to joining Lavery, Catherine gained extensive experience in law, having worked as a student in Legal Affairs at the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, at CDPQ Infra (Réseau Express Métropolitain project), in commercial property at a law firm in England and as a court clerk in commercial arbitration. Her expertise extends beyond the legal practice: In addition to being a registered nutritionist-dietitian, Catherine is socially involved in the community. Mindful of the importance of making a collective effort during the pandemic, she volunteered for the government’s 2021 COVID-19 vaccination campaign. “I showed an interest in Lavery from the moment I started my law studies at Université de Montréal. I had the pleasure of being invited to the firm’s offices during one of the phases of the Course aux stages recruitment process, and I was instantly charmed. I was also impressed with how approachable and enthusiastic the many professionals I met were about their areas of practice. I always knew that after passing the bar exam, I wanted to pursue a career with Lavery.” In her new position, Ms. Eve-Lyne Morin will focus her practice on commercial litigation. Previously, she worked for Lavery and at a major international business law firm where she participated in a wide variety of cases involving product liability, construction law, securities, allegations of price-fixing, civil liability class actions and negligence. Her previous experience advising Canadian and multinational corporations will be a great asset in cases involving consumer protection law, protection of personal information, language requirements and other legal requirements for doing business in Quebec. “I chose Lavery for its entrepreneurial spirit and company culture that values teamwork in order to provide comprehensive and practical solutions to its clients. I have no doubt that, at Lavery, I will find brilliant colleagues and inspiring mentors, and make valuable friends.” The arrival of these two lawyers will bring the firm a wealth of experience to help our business clients deal with the many issues they face.
Catherine Cloutier Lawyer
- Québec, 2021
- Ontario, 2020
Catherine Cloutier is a lawyer in our Litigation and Conflict Resolution group. Her practice focuses on insurance litigation, and more specifically on construction and civil liability law.
Catherine has gained extensive experience in law, having worked as a student in Legal Affairs at the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, at CDPQ Infra (Réseau Express Métropolitain project), in commercial property at a law firm in England and as a court clerk in commercial arbitration.
Before going into law, Catherine studied nutrition, acquiring skills to simplify complex legal concepts and developing a personalized approach to each client, as well as an unwavering work ethic. In addition to her law practice, Catherine is a nutritionist-dietitian and a member of the Board of Directors of the Ordre des diététistes-nutritionnistes du Québec.
- Juris Doctor, North American Common Law, Université de Montréal, 2017
- LL.B, Université de Montréal, 2016
- Graduate Microprogram in Nutrition, Université de Montréal, 2014
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Faculty of Medicine, Université de Montréal, 2013
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Young Bar of Montreal
- Canadian Bar Association – Ontario and Quebec Divisions; member of the CBA Well-Being Subcommittee (2021–2022)
- Association des femmes d’assurance de Montréal
- Lord Reading Law Society
- Dietitians of Canada
- Ordre des diététistes-nutritionnistes du Québec: Member of the Board of Directors since 2021 - three-year term, Administrator and member of the ODNQ Governance and Ethics Committee
- Vaccinator – COVID-19 vaccination campaign of the Government of Quebec, 2021
- Action group on private insurance coverage for dietitian services: President, 2020
- Comité Droit de la Santé, Université de Montréal:Vice-Chair, 2016–2017
- Canada Research Chair in Collaborative Culture in Health and Law Policy, Université de Montréal, 2016–2018
- Team Canada – London Olympic Games (UK), Canadian Olympic Committee: Volunteer Assistant Nutritionist, 2012
- Canada House – Beijing 2008 Olympic Games