Maya Caplan will join the Lavery team as a student in 2023 and will be articling with the firm in 2024. She recently completed her joint civil and common law degree at McGill University.
During her studies, she worked as both a junior and senior caseworker at the Legal Information Clinic at McGill. Dedicated to making the law accessible, she has also volunteered for Project Genesis and the Law-Education-Connection Outreach program at McGill. As a tutorial leader, she taught legal writing and research to first years at McGill.
She is interested in the intersection of law, technology and art, recently participating in the 2022 Harold G. Fox Canadian Intellectual Property Moot. She was a part of Actus Reus, the McGill law theatre troupe, and worked for the McGill Savoy Society during her undergraduate degree in philosophy.
- B.C.L./J.D., joint degree in Civil Law and Common Law, McGill University, 2018-2022
- Bachelor of arts, major in philosophy, McGill University, 2015-2018
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Harold G. Fox Moot, 2022, appellant counsel
- Legal Information Clinic at McGill, 2019-2021, senior and junior caseworker
- Actus Reus, 2018-2020, actress, stage manager