Eugene Czolij is a partner. He handles cases involving the insolvency of major corporations with international implications and deals with creditors and debtors rights, corporate and commercial litigation, oppression remedies and class action suits.
He represents clients before the Supreme Court of Canada, all court levels in Québec, and arbitration and administrative tribunals. He has also made various submissions to parliamentary committees.
- The Best Lawyers in Canada in the fields of Corporate and Commercial Litigation and Insolvency and Financial Restructuring, since 2012
- Honorary doctorate from Lviv Polytechnic National University in Ukraine
- Honorary doctorate from the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy in Ukraine
- Order of Metropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
- Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal
- Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise – V Degree
- Order of Merit of Ukraine – III Degree
- Commemorative Medal of the President of Ukraine - “25 years of the Independence of Ukraine”
- Medal of the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine
- St. Voldymyr the Great Medal of the Ukrainian World Congress
- Shevchenko Medal of the Ukrainian Canadian Congress
- LL.L., Université de Montréal, 1981
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1982