Areas of practice
Judith Houle-Couture is a member of the Business Law group. She practices primarily in the areas of commercial law and business transactions but also in the fields of real estate law and energy law and, is involved in the drafting of business agreements, providing legal support to business projects, and various business transactions (service, distribution, representation, supply, licencing and manufacturing agreements) in Québec or in connection with export-oriented projects, particularly for Québec manufacturing sector SMEs.
Ms. Houle-Couture is also involved with certain energy sector firms in her practice, thereby taking part in mandates in this sector, having taken part in transactions and asset transfer projects, investments and calls for tenders, specifically in connection with wind energy biogaz.
Having grown up on a dairy farm, Ms. Houle-Couture has a keen interest in the agricultural sector and works with certain clients who are active in this domain, primarily regarding business matters in connection with drafting various business contracts, in particular, production and distribution agreements.
Ms. Houle-Couture’s former professional experience in Latin America market development, mostly in Mexico, has allowed her to gain knowledge and skills in that field, all the while developing a mastery of the Spanish language and facilitating her active involvement in cases requiring such skills.
Her past professional experience and university studies in public affairs and international relations, as well as law, have helped her develop a strong interest in business, all while sharpening her negotiation, representation, transport logistics, and project management skills.
- Labelling of finished products for sale in Canada: brief practical review on the use of the famous “Made in Canada/Fait au Canada” label, Newsletter published by the Manufacturiers et Exportateurs du Québec, January 2018
- Exporting to the United States: Pending CBP decisions under the NAFTA agreement, Newsletter published by the Manufacturiers et Exportateurs du Québec, April 2017
- Exporting to the United States: C-TPAT Portal 2.0, Need to Know Express, September 2015
- Speaker at Matin Conférence de la STIQ, February 2017
- Member of the Barreau du Québec
- LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2013
- B.A. in public Affairs and international relations, Université Laval, 2010
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Young Bar Association of Montréal
- Member of the Alumni trade mission committee of Université Laval, Montréal section
- Member of the SME committee
- Volunteer at Fondation Montréal inc.
Publications by Judith Houle-Couture
- Édith Jacques and Judith Houle-Couture