Isabel Valenta is an associate in the Business law group. Her practice is focused on business financing, mergers and acquisitions, and business reorganizations.
Ms. Valenta also advises companies and individuals on a variety of commercial matters. Her practice regularly involves drafting and negotiating a range of industry specific agreements including shareholder agreements, subscription agreements, limited partnerships, and asset and share purchase agreements. Ms. Valenta works closely with companies in the technology, e-commerce, renewable energy, manufacturing, and textile industries and has particular expertise in representing start-ups in many of these sectors.
Ms. Valenta holds her LL.L. and J.D. from the University of Ottawa where she worked as an academic researcher for a book publication and several research papers on NAFTA and international commercial arbitration. Prior to joining Lavery, Ms. Valenta worked as a risk management information analyst at a Fortune 500 company.
Professional and community activities
- Membre, Barreau du Québec since 2013
- Membre, Association du Jeune Barreau de Montréal
- Member of the Board of Directors of Leave Out Violence (LOVE) Québec
- McGill University, B.A., 2008
- University of Ottawa, LL.L., 2011
- University of Ottawa, J.D., 2012
News/Press release by Isabel Valenta
- Sophie Roy and Isabel Valenta