Areas of practice
Louis Rochette is a partner who practises primarily in the areas of business law and life sciences. In his business law practice, Mr. Rochette focuses on bank financing, corporate and contractual transactions, high technology, and intellectual property. He represents major financial institutions and many private and public corporations, both in Montréal and in Quebec City.
Mr. Rochette’s life sciences practice deals mainly with the conducting and financing of university hospital-based research and commercialization of the results.
Mr. Rochette also provides legal advice on matters pertaining to health care institutions, particularly in areas related to contracts, procurement, and construction.
Mr. Rochette is listed in the 2015, 2016 and 2017 editions of Best Lawyers in Canada as a leading practitioner in the field of health care law.
Since 2008, Mr. Rochette has also served as Belgium’s Honorary Consul in Quebec City.
Mr. Rochette was managing partner of the Quebec City office from 2004 to 2012.
Professional and community activities
- Board of directors of CRIM (Centre de recherche informatique de Montréal), an applied research centre in information technology (IT)
- Chambre de commerce de Québec
- Member of the Cercle d'Affaires Belgique-Québec
- Co-chair of the 2015 edition of Leucan's Shaved Head fundraising campaign
- Chair of board of directors of Société du Grand Théâtre de Québec
- Université Laval, LL.B., 1983
- Université Laval, Certificate in Philosophy, 1980
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1984
- Canadian Bar Association
- International Union of Lawyers
Publications by Louis Rochette
- Louis Thibault-Germain , Louis Rochette and Jules Brière
News/Press release by Louis Rochette
- Pierre-L. Baribeau , René Branchaud , Jules Brière , Richard Burgos , Marie-Claude Cantin , Louis Charette , Eugene Czolij , Pierre Denis , Raymond Doray , Louis-Martin Dubé , Josée Dumoulin , Nicolas Gagnon , Michel Gélinas , Caroline Harnois , Jean Hébert , Richard A. Hinse , Pierre Marc Johnson , Bernard Larocque , Guy Lavoie , Jean Legault , Guy Lemay , Jean Martel , Patrick A. Molinari , Philip Nolan , François Parent , Luc Pariseau , Jacques Paul-Hus , Louis Payette , Elisabeth Pinard , Sylvain Poirier , Marc Rochefort , Louis Rochette , Ian Rose , Jean Saint-Onge , Raphaël H. Schachter , Jean-Yves Simard , Gerald Stotland , Philippe Tremblay , Jean-Philippe Turgeon and André Vautour