Jacques Paul-Hus is a member of the Business Law Group in the Montréal office. He practises corporate law including transactions such as mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Paul-Hus has many years of experience handling sales and purchases of businesses, acqusitions of shareholdings and refinancing transactions. He advises managers and owners of businesses regarding corporate reorganizations, strategic development and corporate planning.
- Principal legal counsel since 2002 to the Advanced Fiber Technologies (AFT) Income Fund and its affiliates, which were the target of a takeover bid in March 2006
- Legal counsel to several private companies and certain publicly traded companies
Professional and community activities
- Member of the Board of Directors of several private companies
- The Best Lawyers in Canada da in the field of Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2018
- B.C.L., McGill University, 1974
- M.A., University of Western Ontario, 1971
- B.A., Université de Montréal, 1969
- Member of the Barreau du Québec since 1975
Boards and Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Tax Foundation
News/Press release by Jacques Paul-Hus
- Pierre-L. Baribeau , Josianne Beaudry , René Branchaud , Jules Brière , Richard Burgos , Marie-Claude Cantin , Louis Charette , Eugene Czolij , Pierre Denis , Norman A. Dionne , Raymond Doray , Louis-Martin Dubé , Nicolas Gagnon , Michel Gélinas , Caroline Harnois , Jean Hébert , Richard A. Hinse , Pierre Marc Johnson , Nadine Landry , Bernard Larocque , Guy Lavoie , Jean Legault , Guy Lemay , Jean Martel , Patrick A. Molinari , Philip Nolan , Luc Pariseau , Jacques Paul-Hus , Louis Payette , Elisabeth Pinard , Sylvain Poirier , François Renaud , Marc Rochefort , Ian Rose , Raphaël H. Schachter , Jean-Yves Simard , Gerald Stotland , Philippe Tremblay , Jean-Philippe Turgeon , André Vautour and Yanick Vlasak