Lavery is pleased to announce that 20 partners of the firm are ranked among the most recommended lawyers in Canada in their respective practice areas in the 2012 edition of Thomson Carswell’s Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory. The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory is the most comprehensive publication to legal talent in the country. It is a reference guide for Canadian and U.S. corporate counsel and law firms in need of specialized legal services.
The 2012 edition of the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory identifies the best lawyers in 64 practice areas based on the results of a thorough annual peer-review survey completed by more than a thousand respected legal professionals and a wide range of well-informed clients. Lavery lawyers are recommended in a vast array of fields, including banking, asset finance, mining law, environmental law, mergers and acquisitions, employment law and labour relations, class actions, construction law, medical negligence, family law, and commercial insurance litigation.
"In the 2011 edition of this legal directory, 15 Lavery partners were recognized as opposed to 20 partners in 2012. This significant increase reflects our lawyers’ quality and diversity of expertise. I congratulate our 20 colleagues for this recognition and for their continued commitment to serving the legitimate needs of our clients", said Élise Poisson, Lavery’s Managing Partner.
The following Lavery partners are listed in the 2012 edition of the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory :
- Marie-Claude Armstrong* – Family Law
- Pierre L. Baribeau - Employment Law and Labour Relations
- Michel Blouin - Mining
- René Branchaud – Mining
- Louise Cérat - Litigation – Commercial Insurance
- Gérard Coulombe*, Q.C. – Corporate Commercial Law, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Pierre Denis - Asset Equipment Finance/Leasing
- Nicolas Gagnon - Construction Law
- Jean Hébert - Litigation – Commercial Insurance
- Jean-François Hotte – Labour Relations
- Odette Jobin-Laberge, Ad. E. - Litigation – Commercial Insurance
- Guy Lemay* – Class Actions
- Jean-François Lepage* – Medical Negligence
- Robert W. Mason - Litigation – Commercial Insurance
- Louis Payette, Ad. E. - Banking & Financial Institutions
- Jacques Perron* – Transportation (Road & Rail)
- Ian Rose* – Litigation – Directors’ & Officers’ Liability
- Jean Saint-Onge, Ad. E. - Class Actions; Litigation – Commercial Insurance; Litigation - Product Liability
- André Vautour - Technology Transactions
- Michel Yergeau, Ad. E. - Environmental Law
For more information, please visit Lexpert’s website at: www.lexpert.ca/directory.